Our CPD Seminars on Capital Allowances in Commercial Property Transactions are suitable for Accountants, Tax Advisers & Solictors and are designed to help them identify tax saving opportunities for their existing and potential clients.
Curtis Plumstone Associates are accredited to give Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Training to Accountants, Tax Advisers and Solicitors on the subject Capital Allowances Claims on Commercial Property. Our Seminars / Training typically last 1 to 2 hours and focus on those areas which will be of particular interest to the audience. Time is always given at the end of each seminar to answer any questions in detail.
The following is a typical breakdown of a recent course designed for Commercial Conveyancing Solicitors:-
- History and background of Capital Allowances
- Revenue & Capital Expenditure Explained
- Who Qualifies to make a Claim
- Claiming Plant & Machinery – Fixtures
- Relevant Case Law
- System of Giving Capital Allowances
- S562 “Just & Reasonable Apportionment”
- Why Claims are not Made
- Case Studies
- Finace Bill 2012 – Transitional Period
- April 2012 – The Fixed Value Requirement
- S198/S199 Tax Election Agreement
- April 2014 – The Pooling Requirement
- Worked Examples and Implications.
- In-House v Specialist
- Any Questions and Feedback
Delivery of Seminars
The seminars maybe delivered in a number of formats to suit the requirements of the audience namely:-
- In-house at the Client’s Site
- Via Webinar to Groups
- Via Skype to Individuals
- At one to one meetings
Cost of Seminars
We try to keep the costs of our seminars to a minimum and only look to cover our costs. We see them more as an opportunity to help educate and create further professional relationships.